Join a Team Where your Work Truly Makes a Difference.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services.
As a Cook, you will play an important role in the lives of the children and families we support. You will oversee all food handling/storage, menu preparation (breakfast, lunch and snack), inventory and cleanliness of all kitchen appliances as regulated by the office of Head Start and Department of Health. Our Cook will work closely with other CMCS staff as it relates to children’s reactions to meals and adapting alternate meal/beverage options and coordinating nutritional experience and workshops. This positions is fast pace and requires a great deal of coordinating and planning in advance to ensure smooth operations of kitchen activities
- Caring, upbeat personality.
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum and Food Handler’s Certification.
- 2-3 Years’ experience cooking in a school setting preferred.
- Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s).
- Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to the mandated criminal background check process.
CMCS offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules.
We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by applying today!