MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
$85. – $100. Hourly
Join a Team Where your Work Truly Makes a Difference.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services.
As The Mental Health Specialist, you are responsible for providing mental health support services to pregnant women, children, families, staff, and the overall program, will provide a broad range of services, including a regular schedule of classroom and individual observations of children ages (0-5-year-old). The Mental Health Specialist will also provide guidance to staff and administrators; screening, assessment and referral; provision of group services; parent and staff trainings; programmatic support; interfacing with community providers; and supervision of social work graduate school interns. You will support best practices throughout the agency and will also maintain records and support compliance in accordance with Head Start regulations and guidelines. ECED per diem mental health staff will work a minimum of 10 hours per week / maximum of 30 hours per week.
- Caring, upbeat personality.
- Master’s Degree or doctorate required in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field.
- Competence in Early Childhood Mental Health.
- NYS licensure required.
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience in a mental health setting providing services.
- Knowledge of Head Start and Early Head Start requirements.
- Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s) assigned.
- Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to the mandated criminal background check process.
CMCS offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules.
We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by applying today!